first review (that I'm aware of) of the "published" version of EMC++ just appeared at the CoderGears Blog. The review gives these five reasons to read the book:
- It explains well the motivations behind the standards.
- It shows the relation between the new features.
- Provides some basic and pragmatic rules to modernize your C++ code base.
- Samples are very easy to understand.
- Smart pointers demystified.
In the final this book is really Effective, it explains the motivations behind the new features and help you understand the whole picture about the new standards. Beginer or even expert C++ developers will find it very useful.Check out the full review for all the details.
For addition comments on the book, take a look at the reviews at O'Reilly's web site. Currently all the comments there refer to pre-publication drafts that we released, but I'm pleased to report that everybody gave those drafts five stars out of five.
post-Thanksgiving sale, so ebooks (including EMC++) are 50% off until December 2. That means you can pick up the digital version of EMC++ for $21.49 via the apparently-inspired-by-FORTRAN66 discount code CYBERDY. You can order here.