I blogged about the structure of C&B at http://cppandbeyond.com/2010/04/15/c-beyond-event-structure/ and about the venue and why we chose it at http://cppandbeyond.com/2010/04/16/the-venue-for-cb/, so here I'll simply summarize the main points:
- Attendance is limited to 60 people.
- C&B runs from 8AM to 9:30 PM each day and features as much time dedicated to informal discussions as to official presentations.
- It takes place at a venue designed to foster interaction among participants.
Registration for C&B opened yesterday. There's a 10% discount for early bird registrations (by July 24) , and a further 10% discount for groups of 3 or more. Given the limited attendance and the fact that the first slot got snapped up less than 8 hours after registration opened, I suggest you register earlier rather than later.
I hope to see you in October at C++ and Beyond. I'm convinced it is going to be one of the most rewarding technical opportunities of 2010.
* C++ and Beyond: Meyers, Sutter, & Alexandrescu, Oct. 24-27 near Seattle.
* License Scott's training materials for commercial or personal use.