Monday, May 10, 2010

New ESDS Book: Effective Perl Programming

I was honored when the authors of the new (second) edition of Effective Perl Programming agreed to be a part of my Effective Software Development Series.  I'm not a Perl programmer, and the book's first edition had been very well received, so although I offered a few comments on the manuscript, I primarily tried to stay out of the authors' way and let them do what they clearly know how to do very well:  explain how Perl programmers can use the language more effectively, especially in light of the changes that have taken place in the Perl community since the first edition was published in 1998.

If you're a Perl programmer, I encourage you to give this new edition a look-see.  I think you'll be impressed with what you'll find there.

Scott

No comments: