Tuesday, September 9, 2014

CppCon Hair Poll


During my talk at CppCon yesterday, I decided to liven things up by asking the audience to answer a question that comes up often: who does my hair style make me look like? People volunteer answers to this question--which, until now, I've never asked--on a surprisingly frequent basis.
I wasn't able to show the results of the poll in real time, because I didn't realize that if I got more than 100 responses, I'd have to pay to see the data. Serves me right for forgetting the fine print I'm sure I agreed to when I started with SurveyMonkey.

I've now ransomed the data, and the final results (when CppCon ended) are as follows:







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, if I still had the ability to grow hair up there, I'd grow it just as lustrous and long as you and flaunt that fact.

Alas, I can't.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You would have to seriously beef up to pass for He-man. Ask Charles Torre from Channel 9 for tips :-)

Scott Meyers said...

@Jesper Clausen: Well, they say pets resemble their owners, and "resembles" is commutative :-) (Ah for the days when I had more hair...)

Leslee said...

I vote for Prince Valiant :)

Anonymous said...

I would say you look more like Macgyver :)

Anonymous said...

he man masters of the universal references

epsiloneri said...

None of them, the Swedish actor Johannes Brost is a closer match (except for the hair), perhaps what Scott will look like 20 years down the line:
https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQB9ZS4lUxMv553g&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se%2Fimage%2F19646995%2F1200%2FfourByThree%2Fb7efa83186d87%2Fbrost.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&sx=0&sy=179&sw=1200&sh=628

DLed said...

Mike Stern?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86JZevj6fNw