Thursday, September 10, 2015

Interview with me on CppCast

I've been a loyal listener to CppCast since its launch earlier this year, so I was pleased to be asked to be a guest on the show. The result is now live. Among other things, hosts Rob Irving and Jason Turner asked me about my recent blog post on inconsistencies in C++ intialization syntax (their idea, not mine), my role as Consulting Editor for the Effective Software Development Series, common misconceptions C++ developers have about the workings of the language, Items from my books I consider especially noteworthy, advice to would-be authors and presenters, aspects of C++ I'd prefer didn't exist, and how I found myself lecturing about C++ from a nightclub stage normally used for belly dancing.

It was a fun interview for me, and I hope you enjoy listening to it.

Scott

4 comments:

Jeryagor said...

Another great episode of CppCast, it was nice to hear you there!

Dolazy said...

I'm looking forward to the blog post on associative containers.

Scott Meyers said...

@Dolazy: I'm behind schedule on the blog post on associative containers, so it won't appear until next week. I apologize for the delay, but I think the result will be worth it. At least I hope so.

Bart Vandewoestyne said...

Nice interview to listen to. Keep up the good work!