Monday, September 12, 2005

C++ Connections in Las Vegas in November

This November, the "C++ Connections" conference will take place in Las
Vegas. The lineup for this show is very strong, and I'm not saying that
just because I'm both a speaker and a member of the Program Committee.
Microsoft is a major sponsor of the show, so there will be lots of C++/CLI
expertise there, but there will be lots of platform-independent material,
too. The two talks I'll be giving (using the STL efficiently and modeling
memory-mapped IO) are listed at my "Upcoming Talks" page
(http://www.aristeia.com/seminars_frames.html), but I encourage you to take
a look at the full schedule at
http://www.cpp-connections.com/shows/cppfall2005/, because the variety and
quality of the talks and speakers is really quite remarkable.

There is no doubt that this event will be one of the strongest C++ events
in 2005 -- and probably 2004 and 2006, too. If there is a chance that you
can participate, I encourage you to give it strong consideration.

Scott

No comments: