Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Upcoming Talk at Portland Code Camp

I've been interested in Code Camps ever since I heard about them a couple of years ago, but, until this year, my interest never rose to the level of participating. Portland Code Camp will take place in Portland, Oregon, on May 22 (a week from Saturday), and I'll be giving a talk on CPU Caches and Why You Care.  The material is based on my work on Fastware! (which, after a year-long digression into C++0x, I'm finally getting back to), and the talk will serve as an alpha version of material I expect to present in my seminar on Fastware for C++ in Stuttgart (Germany) at the end of September and possibly also at C++ and Beyond in Snohomish, Washington, a month later.

Like all Code Camps, Portland Code Camp is free, so if you live near Portland, Oregon, and don't mind devoting a Saturday to all things code-related, I encourage you to register, then come by my session for a crash course in CPU caches.  It should be interesting to see how it goes, given that the talk currently exists only in my head.  But in my head, it's really good :-)

Scott

No comments: